Volunteers help make a Maker Faire! Around the globe, energetic teams of volunteers drive the magic that make Maker Faires so very amazing! Jinqiao Mini Maker Faire is no different – we need you!
We have a range of roles to fill, including:
- Maker Registration Crew and Eventbrite Ticketing Crew- Quickly help Makers and visitors check in, get programs/materials and go on their merry way! Like entrance volunteers, you should be comfortable with hustle and bustle while wearing a big smile!
- Maker Floor Crew– You will help makers at their table with anything they need.
- Photo & Video Crew- We need help capturing all the excitement that’ll go on throughout the day. To help in this capacity, we ask that you’ll upload your best 100 photos/videos to a common location.
- MC & Town Crier Crew- We need boisterous voices to help guests find their way through the Faire. (Loud HS students requested)
- Set Up Crew and Clean Up Crew- Able-bodied individuals are required to help set-up on Friday afternoon and take down on Saturday after the event. You are the most important volunteer!
- Tech Crew- Be ready to use your technical knowledge to assist Makers with any technical issues that arise.
- Information Booth Crew- Serve at this booth to answer any questions, give directions and help out with organizing the other volunteers.
- Food Ticketing Crew- Sell Eurest food tickets before and during lunch, which finishes at 2pm.
- Workshop Crew- Announce the beginning of sponsored workshops, assist at the workshops and give directions to where workshops are held.
- Youth Maker Area Crew- Assist any youth makers at this area to help them build a maze, cardboard structure or other projects. You must like small children and lots of fun!
Volunteering at Maker Faire is a great way to enjoy the Faire! It’s a wonderful chance to meet the area’s awesome Makers, socialize and make a difference!